Oh the things we do to our skin! There are obvious things we do which can harm our skin but here are several damaging things that are prematurely aging your skin.
- Insomnia - did you know that stress induced loss of sleep promotes premature aging of the skin.
- Under active thyroid - the reduced hormone levels caused by hypothyroidism can cause dry, flaky skin.
- Very low consumption of essential fatty acids - get your omegas in order to keep your skin from excessive dryness.
- Eating highly processed foods - a diet high in overly processed foods promotes skin cell damage. Watch out for those free radicals...
- Inflammation - causes puffiness, blemishes and pigmentation. Inflammation can be caused from foods and alcohol as well as systemic issues.
- Elevated glucose levels - this can actually cause glycation, where sugars attach themselves to amino acids in collagen reducing its regenerative ability promoting wrinkles, sagging and "creping" skin.