Sunday, October 30, 2011

Check Please!

by Kris Pitcher

I am grateful for the community of people who keep me in check. We all know how important it is to have support around us, and to support one another. We know the difference that makes in our progress. Or in our ability to just make it through one more hour or day.

All I have to do is voice the slightest bit of weakness...a waver of momentary lapse and I'm rescued. I'm rescued from myself. Strange. What that tells me is I don't have to be strong all by myself. I can voice my weakness and people will help remind me of my strength.

We can be fallible. I've told you before you aren't perfect, I'm not either. None of us are. So in our moments of question, it's nice to have people to keep us in check. For me this has been one of the most rewarding parts of writing Bliss, I have grown my circle of support.

And to my joyful surprise...in my moment of recent near chocolate emergency my friend (thank you Ivan) pulled Bliss on me! He literally posted blogs back to me. Check mate!

Who is your circle of support? And do you let them know you are fallible? Have you forgotten you are not perfect? It's a relief to share the burden of responsibility. Don't get me wrong, they are going to put it right back on you where it belongs. But that's the beauty of having friends you can ask, "Check please!"

No comments:

Post a Comment