Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pizza! Back by Popular Demand

by Kris Pitcher

Back by popular demand! OK, one person asked about this recipe. Well, they didn't exactly ask. I interjected in their conversation at the gym. I'm just a "sharer". And I can't help but share the one meal I love more than anything (not everything honey) right now. This is our weekly cheat, or "re-feed" meal, as my husband likes to call it.

Re-feed sounds very official. The purpose of the cheat meal is to give you a mental break from your diet, and to re-fuel your carb stores. It's all about the carbs. Now, we have a very controlled cheat meal - and a clean one relatively speaking. It's clean because I control exactly what goes into it. Exactly.

This recipe comes from Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix Arizona. A must visit if you are ever in the area. Prepare to wait, every pizza is lovingly hand made, just like mine is at home.

Not only is it hand made, it's hand made the day after arm day. The triceps are nice and sore, and I knead the dough for 8 minutes with love and a slightly salivating mouth. At our house, we top it with tomato sauce, mushrooms, fresh mozzarella, goat cheese, Canadian bacon, kalamata olives or some variation thereof. The great thing about pizza is you can use what ever you have on hand.

Once you've kneaded the dough, turn your oven on to pre-heat for an hour. This is commitment. While the dough is rising you can prep your toppings, or get your second session of cardio in. So, you know what I'll be doing tonight. Enjoy making something amazing from scratch!

2 comments:

  1. My brother and I stayed with Kris and her husband last weekend. Kris made this pizza. It was awesome! Thanks Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Story!!! Although I love more toppings than George.

    ReplyDelete