Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wish Upon A Star

by Kris Pitcher

When I was a kid we did a lot of wishing upon stars. It had to happen in a very specific way in order for your wish to come true. Upon twilight, looking up at the sky you would find the very first star that caught your eye.

Holding it's gaze you would say, "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight." Then you would silently - perhaps with closed eyes...make your wish.

Pretty sweet...Now, I can't say how many of those childhood wishes came true. And I'm not opposed to admitting I make a wish every now and then as a grown up. I do still have wishes.

For instance, I wish I could fold laundry and walk on the treadmill at the same time. I wish there were four more hours in each day. I wish I could sleep later than 3:30 AM. I wish I could actually sleep on the stepper, not just close my eyes (at least I can't see you looking at me funny).

I wish the weeds would pull themselves. The dishes, you know what they can do for themselves too. I guess that's why I'd like that extra four hours in the day. But the reality is we don't get to wish things to happen...not exactly.

We make things happen. The thing I like about making the wish is you're putting what you want out there for the universe. The wish is about clarifying what you want. And then making it happen for yourself.

You'll hear my update about folding laundry while I walk on the treadmill...I can't help but think that's a good idea. I might be a little bit wrinkled, but I'll be able to check both items off my list! Make your wish and go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment