Thursday, August 25, 2011

Whip Yourself Into Shape!

by Kris Pitcher

"You can't punish yourself into change. You can't whip yourself into shape. 
But you can love yourself into well being." - Susan Skye

We spend a lot of time on the first two...punishing ourselves into change, and whipping ourselves into shape. Somehow those never seem to work. We're left unhappy, dissatisfied...feeling down. And that's where most people spend most of their lives.

"I could never do what you do." I hear that a lot. And I completely understand it and I'd be a fool if I thought anyone would want to. But what I sense when people say that, is they discredit what they could do. They don't believe in themselves. Their approach might be punishment to change.

It's a self defeating outlook. I don't have anything special that other people lack. Oh, don't get me wrong - I've tried to whip myself into shape. This has been a long journey...

I've felt "bad" for eating the wrong things, or for not exercising. But those days are long gone. The longer you do this, the better you get. And the easier it is to love yourself into well being. 

When you do things for other people out of love you get a certain feeling. You feel happy, warm inside, fulfilled...proud and loved. It feels good to make them happy. You know the feeling I mean. 

Caring for yourself in the same way is what this quote is all about - your well being. It isn't about a size, a number, or looking any particular way. It's about the expectation you set for how you will treat you. With love. You deserve nothing less!



No comments:

Post a Comment