Monday, August 1, 2011

Bliss Reality Show!

by Kris Pitcher

If my life were a reality show it would be called, "The Broken Record of Bliss". It would chronicle the habits of a pretty predictable person...with crazy hair.

The episode would be the same every week. The 9-5 during the week speckled with writing, peppered with trying to keep up with family, and marinated in workouts and food prep.

Exciting weekends would entail hijinks such as high speed grocery shopping, marathon laundry, and more food prep. Comedic situations would arise like...to clean the bathroom or take a nap (actually happens)?

Long walks along the river trail would be edited down to about 3 seconds of usable footage. My husband and I love these sunny walks, the sounds of the river, the passers by, the birds...it's beautiful.

Cameras would follow us to the gym where we would undergo a grueling leg workout. I'd ask the camera guy to help me get into the truck for the ride home where I would sit on the couch for a couple of hours watching a movie. Thrilling. We'd pause the movie so I could hobble to the dryer to retrieve a load of clean clothes to fold.

This is why there isn't a Bliss reality show. My life is typically average. I'm a self-confessed introvert. I recharge by being with my husband, quietly, at home. I don't like to go out, be in crowds, or be the socialite. That's not where I draw my energy.

Predictability may not make for great reality TV (although we are pretty darn funny), but it makes for a great life, and for very successful training.

And then the record would replay, thus The Broken Record of Bliss. What would your reality TV show be like? How would your days be chronicled?

As I think about it, I hope your version is exactly what you want it to be...mine certainly is!

No comments:

Post a Comment