Saturday, June 23, 2012

Prioritizing

by Kris Pitcher

I was waiting for Jacques at the gym and I picked up a magazine. Flipping through the pages, I came across a quote that peaked my interest.

Not having my tiny book where I jot down my big ideas...I won't share the direct quote. Instead, I'll share a very big, important idea. You're on the edge of your seat, right?

We spend way too much time prioritizing our schedule. We think about what we've got to do at what time during the day in our work and home lives. We've got books, diaries, phones and apps for that.

What we need to do is schedule our priorities. That's right. There's your uh-huh moment. Schedule your priorities. Sounds easy, but it requires knowing what's important to you. It assumes you know what you want and how you will get there.

It sort of justifies my entire philosophy. I should'a written that quote not that guy in the magazine. Schedule what's important to you, your priorities - rather than prioritizing your schedule. What that means is you will do the things which are most important to you first.

You will complete your exercise (if that's important). You will accomplish your meal planning (should that be of priority). See? When we schedule our priorities...they get done. It's really simple. It's turning the way we look at things upside down. Which I love.

How will you go about turning this upside down for yourself? How will you begin to schedule your priorities, doing more of what is important to you? Consider how it might change your life.

Begin to see the priorities in your schedule and you will begin to move closer toward your goals. The success can't help but happen as we do the things which are important to us. I can hardly wait for everyone to get started! They're your priorities, what will you do first?!



No comments:

Post a Comment