Monday, December 5, 2011

In All Fairness

by Kris Pitcher

I was gazing longingly at my husband across the living room as he was about to lick the dripping jam from his peanut butter and jam rice cake sandwich. I leaned toward him and I said, "I want that!"

"You can have it if you want to be 200 pounds too." he said. I laughed out loud. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. See, on top of all his required meals of precise macro nutrients...he needs to supplement with extras. PB&J, raisin bread toast, pop corn. You name it. Pretty much what ever he wants.

The point is, he's trying to reach 200 pounds...and quick. Me on the other hand, I'm trying to hold on at 130ish. Our goals are different. The point is in all fairness - there is no fairness in food. Period.

I know a lot of ladies who keep up with the men in their lives in terms of the amount of food they put away. It's no wonder then that they are looking like linebackers is it? It isn't.

So, if I'm sitting there thinking "boy it sure isn't fair that he gets to eat peanut butter sandwiches before bed and I get egg whites" my head is in the wrong place. There is no fairness involved. Our. Goals. Are. Different.

You have to eat what's right for your plan, your goals, and for what is going to fuel your needs. Eating isn't about what's fair. It's simply about what's fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment