Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Like A Bowl Full Of Jelly!

by Kris Pitcher

You know that Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly. I can't help but notice people really are what they eat. I watch a person, who shall remain anonymous, eat toast almost every day. I'll be darned if her bottom doesn't look like a big flat piece of bread.

Hmmm? I should take a close look at myself if I'm going to notice these types of things in others. I eat primarily lean protein, broccoli, leafy greens, oatmeal, and eggs. Oh and nuts too, almonds and walnuts. And this time of year I eat fattier cuts of meat.

My goodies include the requisite home made pizza, ice cream...dark chocolate. Those items are consumed on a very limited basis. Believe me, I wish I could eat them in large amounts. But then I would look like a big round pizza!

So, if you are what you eat - what are you fueling yourself with? Are you getting enough of the nutrients you need to meet your goals? Are you getting too many "extras" that you intended to only have on a limited basis? Have things gotten out of balance?

It's a good time of year to take stock of your nutrition plan, get a plan, or reintroduce yourself to your plan. This is the time of year we find ourselves WAY off the path of any sort of plan what so ever. Start with a few meals.

Getting back on track with what you want to do is just a few good habits away. It starts with you. You are after all, what you eat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment