Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas the Night Before Fitness

by Kris Pitcher

Twas the night before Christmas when all through the gym
Not a treadmill was running, no bike was a spin,
The towels were rolled by the front desk with care,
In hopes that fit people soon would be there.

But this fit lady was fast asleep in bed,
While visions of dumbbells danced in my head.
Then my alarm went off sounding of thunder,
Forcing me up from my long winter's slumber.

When out on the street there arose a pitter-patter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
With the sun creeping up steady and slow,
I saw what looked like a sleigh with a shimmering glow.

I squinted my eyes and who did I see?
There was Ashley and Shelly and Mary and Lee!
There was Floyd, and Jameson and even Gary.
There was Christie and Jeremy and Matt and Theresa and E.
There was Eric and Lisa and Bill. There was Todd Scott and the entire crew!

All ready to pump iron they shouted, "You coming too?"

Jacques sprang for our straps, then filled shaker cups,
We flew from the house like a couple of nuts!
We jumped in the sleigh, we were ready for flight,
"Happy Fitness to all and to all a Fit night!"

* I wrote this poem for all my "frequent fitness" friends at the gym! Merry Christmas and Happy Fitness! 

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this!!! :) Thanks for making my day!!

    ReplyDelete