Friday, March 30, 2012

Finding Time To Workout

by Kris Pitcher

It's a big challenge to find time to workout. Our lives are busy, really busy. We have jobs that take a lot of our time and energy as well as families that need our attention. So how do you find the time to workout on top of all of that?

Some of us do well during the week when our schedule is more structured, then we struggle on the weekends. Others just struggle all together. But I have a mental solution for all of us.

Thirty minutes from now will still be 30 minutes from now whether you do your workout or not. Huh? Well, as I was walking along on the treadmill, I was thinking about the things I needed to get done one Saturday.

As my list grew longer, my day seemed to get shorter. And for a split second, I considered cutting my cardio short so I could get going on my list. Then I reminded myself, that I'll only be 30 minutes ahead in my day once I'm done. Whether I do it or not, so...I might as well complete it.

I owe it to myself to make me a priority. I'm the only one - or the first one - who is going to do that. Getting my workout in is as important as the other things on my list for the day. It's only going to set me back a certain portion of time. And, it's not a setback - it's a set forward. Yes, I just made that up.

On those days when you think about all the things you need to do, think about yourself first. It's still going to be 30 minutes from now...in 30 minutes. Spend those minutes wisely and you'll have done more for yourself than if you had just waffled around trying to decide to do it, or not do it.

Managing our time and making ourselves a priority is number one in this game. We all have the time, we just have to make the time. The clock will tic away regardless, so spend the next 30 minutes doing something really smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment