Thursday, March 22, 2012

Great Exercise Advice

by Kris Pitcher

I heard some really great advice the other day. Stop buying black pants. OK, you're thinking, "What does this have to do with anything?"

More black pants?
What it has to do with anything is that every woman reading, and every woman she knows has multiple pairs of black pants. And I don't mean a couple. I mean seven or ten. The advice to stop buying black pants is good advice. Yet, we still buy black pants.

Here's the connection. People ask about exercise advice all the time. All. The. Time. Yet, they want to keep doing what they are doing. They want to buy black pants.

They don't actually want to do anything different. They don't actually want to take your advice. And it drives us crazy. Well, it used to drive us crazy. But now we just don't give out as much advice to the random's who ask.

At a party, or at work, or in a random social situation when you learn my passion or my husband's profession and you ask for some advice...we're going to ask you questions until the topic changes. Because you want your black pants.

I'm afraid to count how many pairs of black pants I actually have. I know I have one pair I love. I also know there are a few that don't fit right now. They'll fit later. There's one I don't really like...I should get rid of those.

I'll tell you what though, I'm going to be on the look out for great advice. And, I'll stop buying black pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment